Good afternoon Spartans!
- Our administrative team met this morning and we have been able to communicate with the teachers as well. You should be hearing from your child's teacher(s) soon regarding enrichment opportunities and other resources available to your student(s) while we are out of school. Watch your emails closely. Please let us know if you haven't heard from your child's teacher by Friday.
- We have also completed the necessary applications to be able to provide breakfast and lunch to our families during our unexpected time off. We plan to provide breakfast and lunch to students 18 and under, beginning Monday, March 23rd. We also plan to have three site locations (Onawa, Blencoe and Turin) for free meal pick up. We will advertise specific locations and times as we approach the weekend. We will also be sending out a form for you to fill out if your child(ren) plan to participate. While walk-ins are welcome, we are asking for weekly sign-ups to ensure we will have enough food to feed those wishing to participate in our free meal program. Parents, be sure to review the following rules we must follow to participate in this program:
- ALL CHILDREN 18 and under qualify for a free meal.
- Due to government guidelines, children must be present during pick-up. The number of meals given during pickup must equal the number of children present.
- Meals will be available starting Monday, March 23rd.
- Please maintain a 6-foot separation from other patrons while you are waiting to receive your meal.
- Upon receipt of meals, we request all patrons leave the premises immediately in order to help us limit the potential for exposure.
As a reminder, we do offer free meals every summer to students at the elementary school. We will send this information out again in May. :)
We understand this is a difficult time for families. As this is new territory for us all, the following website, https://cdc.gov, has some great information about how to talk to your children about the COVID-19 virus, what to do to prevent illness and what to do if you feel ill. Feel free to reach out to us should you have any further questions.
Julie Trepa, Superintendent