Business Office/Human Resources Assistant
West Monona Community School District has an immediate opening for a business office/human resources assistant. In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Experience Required: Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals, accounts payable, and payroll best practices.
Education: High school diploma or GED required. Post-secondary education in accounting or related field desired.
Skills, Knowledge, Ability:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Applications, and accounting software applications.
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personable and able to foster relationships with staff, vendors, and other organizations that interact with the school district.
- Adaptable and flexible to deal with multiple interruptions while still meeting monthly deadlines.
- Service and team oriented.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential manner with high ethical standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to take the initiative and accept direction as necessary
- Detailed knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
This is a full-time, year round, hourly position with benefits. The successful candidate will spend four days a week working in West Monona Community Schools and one day a week at Westwood Community Schools. Applications can be picked up in the Superintendent’s Office at 1314 15th Street, Onawa, Iowa.
EOE. Closed when filled